Friday, August 24, 2012

Schedule changes and 1 month til Wyatt is 2

The bad news is....everything changes.

The good news is...everything changes.

Some days it seems like all I do is modify the calendar.  I am just thankful that dry erase boards and iPhones make that process relatively painless.  This week somehow everything was all at once.  Physics 2 had already started, but we added Cell & Molecular Biology and Organic Chemistry 1. I have been trying all summer to move from a Friday lab to a Wednesday lab with the hope that it would alleviate some of our child care need.  It finally happened.  My professor e-mailed me that there were 2 openings.  I managed to get a spot.  Yesterday Kevin had shift bid, and he got the 2:45-11:15 Friday to Tuesday schedule starting in October.

So what does this mean?  The kids will be at preschool once a week from now until the end of November.  A huge savings over the three days a week we thought we needed.  As an added benefit the kids get to spend more time with me and Kevin.   The downside is that Kevin and I have almost no free time.  Our iPhone calendars now have six separate colored calendars to keep everything organized.  I just keep reminding myself that there is only 14 weeks of this madness. 

Zoe loves preschool.  She cries when I drop her off, but it is all she talks about during the week.  We have a really difficult time with separation because I have to walk by her room when I take Wyatt to and from Speech Therapy.  Wyatt doesn't care that I drop him off twice and pick him up twice.  I spotted him holding hands with a girl this week.  He loves all of the new toys.  The school asked if we were comfortable starting him into the 2s room.  His birthday is too late for the cut-off but they had space.  They have a much more structured day than the Toddler room.  Wyatt seems to appreciate the art time, stories, dancing, and center-based play.

 Wyatt is 23 months today.  He is getting so big.  I will get a better picture tomorrow.  He was super tired in this one. 
 I cleaned the garage.  I had to show proof of my work because it will soon be cluttered again.  I am hoping we can park both cars in the garage this fall and winter.
 The kids love stickers.  And Josh gave them rolls and rolls of stickers they were throwing away at work last year (when he lived here).  We are still working our way through those and the many other stickers that are contributed to the sticker bin.  (Jenny: see the anniversary stickers from your work on the top....The kids think they are awesome. )
 We made green smoothies.  Wyatt was not that fond, but Zoe and I enjoyed them.

 This bear was at Costco, and I couldn't help but take a picture with one.  I saw a woman pushing one in a cart (the bear took up the entire cart).  I don't really know the purpose a 53" bear.  It was good for a laugh though.  They also had Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer in the same size.  I was able to restrain myself and not bring the bear home.  I thought it would have been hilarious to put it in Kevin's chair to scare him at midnight when he got home. 


Wyatt is progressing in Speech.  He is babbling more.  He makes my day when he says "ma".  He has used a handful of words, but still cannot repeat them when asked.  Sign language is proving to be helpful for communication.  It gives him a method for demonstrating his needs and wants.  Zoe picks up new vocabulary the fastest.  Wyatt seems to study everything and then suddenly show us his new word at random.  That proves to make things difficult since they aren't always identifiable.  There are also a lot of words that look very similar or that he confuses.  I try to practice while the kids are around so that we can reinforce the communication process for Wyatt...this means I have to study new words each week.

Tentatively, Wyatt's birthday party is scheduled for September 29th in the morning.  

 I can tell you already, I am going to be tired all semester.  And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I only blog during breaks (although, currently I am blogging while eating dinner...so maybe I can manage that).

No comments:

Post a Comment