Sunday, June 17, 2012

June

 Zoe loves to help in the kitchen.  Here she is making chocolate pudding.  A special treat for daddy.
 Zoe thinks whistles are the greatest toy ever.  I do my best to hide them (and anything that makes a high pitch screeching noise).  Somehow, she always finds them again. 
 4 kids at the zoo by myself, and I forgot the stroller.  For the record, we all made it home safely and had a good time.  The kids were all super obedient and awesome. 

 An early anniversary gift from my dad.  I love them.
 Wyatt finally figured out how to sit down on the slide by himself so I no longer have to stop him from going head first.
 Zoe and Wyatt love the swings at the neighborhood park. 
Zoe and her Chia pet.  This was when it first sprouted.  We talked about roots and shoots.  She is patiently waiting for her tomatoes to turn red.  There are 15 tomatoes on the plant. She has already promised to share with Wyatt. 


I threw Kevin a surprise birthday party this week.  First time I have been able to surprise him in 14 years.  I have tried before and always been caught.  We grilled out, then played bocce ball and Halo Reach. 

Today we wished Kevin a Happy Father's Day by going out to lunch with friends after church. Before the service started this morning, several of the pastors and other men at church did an awesome Father's Day Tribute.  We stayed for the beginning of third service to watch it again. 

My nephew's had birthdays this week.  Jakob turned one and Kaleb turned three.  We couldn't make it down for the party, but they look like they had fun.

Zoe is going to camp this week.  It is just 9-12 every day, but she is so excited.  Wyatt and I are hoping to fit in library story time at least once. 





We are adjusting to Kevin's new work schedule.  He went from 2:45pm - 11:15pm to 9am - 6pm to 6am - 2:45pm over 15 days.  In addition to the hours change, the days he has off changed.  Now he will stay early shift for 8 weeks before returning to his late nights.  It has thrown everyone's schedule into a blender.  I interviewed new babysitters to try and cover appts and scheduled events that have been scheduled before we knew about the change.  I registered both kids for the daycare they will attend in the fall.  Zoe will start one day a week in July while I take Wyatt to speech appts.  I am very thankful to be out of school for the summer.  The transition would have been much more difficult on the kids without me being home.  We normally change schedule 4 times a year.  This year, we have already had four changes and we have a minimum of three more coming.  It means we are less flexible with vacation and fun time, but we always manage to make the necessary changes for work and school.  I am extremely thankful that God arranged for my schedule in the fall to already be arranged. God also provided a speech appt for Wyatt that falls into an open slot on my calendar so he can continue uninterrupted until at least Christmas. 

I haven't posted in awhile.  I wrote a few posts but they are still sitting on my computer.  There is a lot on my mind, but the more thought-filled posts require some time.  And a lot of times they never get posted.  They end up being just my way of thinking though things. 

One of those posts is related to all of the competitive mothering posts, facebook comments, ect that have been out the last month or so.  I disagree with the premise, the process, and the suggestions made in most of the posts.  But I think maybe instead of writing why I disagree, I might write a post on my personal views of motherhood and why I do things the way I do.  (Hint:  I don't do things so other people think one way or another about me.  And just because I do things differently doesn't mean I think anyone else is specifically wrong.  I don't have time to sit and compare.)

The other two posts rattling around in my head are about making decisions for your child and how to support your friends in their decision making even when you might disagree with them.  That has been weighing heavy on my heart recently.  And thoughts on this world not being my home and how that plays out in my everyday life. 


Now, I am on to celebrate the week of Kevin.  I started off the morning with a cupcake for breakfast before church.  Hopefully, I will remember to take some pictures while we are out celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment