Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wyatt's Dedication and a date "weekend"



So Wyatt's Baby Dedication was Sunday. I promise to move the pics here by Wednesday, but for now, they are on my mom's Facebook page. It was great. He didn't cry or throw up all over Pastor Brooks....those were my fears. After church, we had some friends and family over for lunch. Amazing amounts of Chinese food. Enough food that the take-out place is allowing me half off another huge order before the end of the month. It is time to party plan. Zoe, Dan, and Jake had fun playing kitchen, puzzles, and running around. Wyatt took a nap on Nana. The rest of us just ate and enjoyed fellowship.

Then of course everyone left. Everyone included our munchkins. It was Wyatt's first trip away. 48 hours without the kids. What exactly do to adults do when they have 48 kid free hours.

Kevin worked for 8 hours.
We slept all night, and we slept in both days (I would say mornings, but I think it was officially day by the time we got up).
We ate at Jack-in-the-Box.
We went go-kart racing, played ski-ball, went to the batting cages, enjoyed the indoor gun range (my first trip....so much more fun than I thought it would be), watched the National Championship at Wild Wings, walked around Falls Park, ate at Mabel's, got a Mocha and Baby Turtle at Coffee Underground, ate at Chick-fil-a, took swing dance lessons and went dancing.
I also manged to fit in a run. Kevin gave the Jeep a tune-up.

We had fun.

We are tired.

We missed the kids.

We are glad we are all back together now.

We are looking for a babysitter so we can go dancing next Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I'm having a hard time picturing Kevin swing dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and happy post! isn't it amazing what a little date time can do? :-)

    ReplyDelete